Friday, September 29, 2017

"The Devil's Star" by Jo Nesbo

Of all the books I've read by Jo Nesbo, this was the best so far. He's obviously improving with practice. It also helps that I've become used to his style. There are always red herrings, and some of the descriptions continue to be tricky to understand or place in time. I read this book as a hardcover instead of an ebook, just to make sure I wasn't missing something due to formatting errors. I wasn't. The plot revolved around an apparent serial killer. I was pleased that I had no idea the guilty party was the grief-stricken producer. And, of course, the subplot, the downfall of the evil Mark Waller, was satisfying. Unfortunately, (and to his credit), Nesbo somewhat humanized Waller at the end of the book, so that I felt very very very slightly sorry for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment