Monday, September 4, 2017

"House of Leaves" by Mark Z. Danielewski

As I was finishing this book, I realized it fit in quite nicely with David Lynch's "Twin Peaks the Return", which ended last night. I think both belong in the category "post post modern" due to their totally bizarre and non-linear nature. (I saw this term when reading about this book, and must admit that I feel rather than know how to explain its meaning.)

This book is about much more than a home with infinite corridors. It contains multiple points of view and personal stories and is so studiously pedantic, that the end result makes it difficult to feel much of anything. It does, admittedly, give quite an accurate feel for a descent into madness.

I don't even know precisely where this comes from, I put down the book determined to look for the joy in life around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment