Tuesday, June 14, 2011

"Stone Kiss" by Faye Kellerman

This is the first book I read by Faye Kellerman. I've enjoyed numerous books by her husband Jonathan Kellerman, and have been wondering what  I would think of her writing for awhile now. Verdict? The book was actually quite riveting, but I'm not really drawn in by the characters, so I don't think I'll ready anything else by her unless it happens to by lying around. Too much description, too much religion, too much earthiness in a conservative religious sort of way, and too much violence.

My memory of Jonathan is that his books are more cerebral and more sparsely (i.e. better) written. Just to show you how shallow I am, I stopped reading Jonathan's books when the protagonist broke up with a girlfriend I liked. I see that they're back together again, so I guess I'll start reading him again.

No comments:

Post a Comment